-=:[ JustRO ]:=-
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
-=:[ JustRO ]:=-

Welcome to JustRO free forum!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guide To Prevent Hacking

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
XiaoYu
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Guide To Prevent Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Guide To Prevent Hacking   Guide To Prevent Hacking EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 7:06 am

Guide to Prevent Hacks

Ok, the reason I made this topic was because I want to make sure no one ever gets hacked.
People have been hacked recently and some of them blame the GM's because of their foolishness.
Dont blame the GM's if you get hacked.
Here are a few things to ensure that NO ONE ever gets hacked again.

Quick Description
What do you mean when you say hack?

Hacking is when a player takes advantage over another player.
Hackers attempt to lure out a player's account ID.
The hacker would change their password and take everything.
Hackers dont think about other people, they only care bout themselves. D:<

Things to Remember

[x] Never give your account ID to ANYONE. GMs will never ask for items or account details simply because they dont need it. Even if he/she is your best friend, dont give it to them.. ie. you cant trust anyone.

[x] Make sure your account ID is really hard, just so no one could guess it, it has happened before.

[x] Make sure no one else has your email account details, if you lose your account, XiaoYuRO will send a email with your account ID and stuff.

[x] Dont give anyone clues, it can lead to fatality.

[x] It's best if your account name is different from your char names, people in the past have been hacked this way.

[x] Some people are so desperate, that they might threaten you, so if you get this, post it up.

[x] Some people are so desperate, they'll impersonate a GM and would say stuff like, "i've found some errors on ur account, please give me ur account details", now.. this is common. Again, post it.

[x] Be sure to have a secure password consisting; letters, symbols and numbers in random order (ie. 38fD*&s09) this way bruteforcing is less likely a reason why you got hacked.

[x] Use different passwords and different account names for more as 1 account, so don't do account1, account2, account 3 but make random account names. Also be sure that your email adress isn't the same as your account name.

Here are some examples of the quotes that a hacker would normally use:

[G.M] Blah: "i am gm, give me ur ID and i will give u nl"
GM01: "we hav found a bug on ur account, please give us ur account details"
[G M]: "congratulations, u hav won an outstanding prize, to recieve this prize, please give us ur details so we can give it to u"

These are some things you may encounter in-game, funny.. this has happened to me a couple of times. >_>
GMs would never say these kinda stuff.. make sure you screenshot it and report it.

What You Should Do?
Here is a Chat Log for Example:

[gm]Fake: "hi there"
Nub01: "who r u?"
[gm]Fake: "I Am GM."
Nub01: "Oh, Really?" *takes SS*
[gm]Fake: Meet me at Jawaii pls.
Nub01: "Sure."
Warped.
[gm]Fake: "i know that you hav done alot for XiaoYuRO"
Nub01: "Sure hav." =P
[gm]Fake: "i want to make u gm."
Nub01: "kool.." *takes another SS*
[gm]Fake: "to do this, i need your account ID."
Nub01: "okay, ID: [gm]Fake, Password: iamfakegm"
[gm]Fake: "Wrong password, i will ban u."
Nub01: "go ahead u fake impersonator." D:< *takes final SS*
[gm]Fake: *logs off*
Nub01: *posts SSs on Forum*

now, Nub01 did the right thing.
this is something u might come accross one day, so be careful.

as long as u remember the #1 golden rule, "GMs dun ask for Account Details and/or Items." ;O

Key Logging

Keystroke logging (often called keylogging) is a diagnostic used in software development that captures the user's keystrokes. It can be useful to determine sources of error in computer systems and is sometimes used to measure employee productivity on certain clerical tasks. Such systems are also highly useful for law enforcement and espionage⢦#8218;?⦣8364;�for instance, providing a means to obtain passwords or encryption keys and thus bypassing other security measures. However, keyloggers are widely available on the internet and can be used by anyone for the same purposes.

Writing software applications for keylogging is trivial, and like any computer program can be distributed as a trojan horse or as part of a virus or worm. What is not trivial however, is installing a keystroke logger without getting caught and downloading data that has been logged without being traced. An attacker that manually connects to a host machine to download logged keystrokes risks being traced. A trojan that sends keylogged data to a fixed e-mail address or IP address risks exposing the attacker.

beware of key loggers

be careful of gm impersonators,
they would usually ask fer ur Account ID, if so.. report ASAP by email or post it.
if u got hacked by any reason, refer to Reflow's 'guide to report hack' or something like that.
rule breakers must be punished. D:<

if i missed anything, help me point it out please. =]
for the future of XiaoYu..
hope this anti-hack guide helps. ~ =P
Back to top Go down
https://xiaoyuro.board-directory.net
FM-LonelyBoy
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Guide To Prevent Hacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide To Prevent Hacking   Guide To Prevent Hacking EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 11:43 am

-Pinned-
Back to top Go down
https://xiaoyuro.board-directory.net/

Guide To Prevent Hacking
Page 1 of 1